Current Size: 100%
Advanced Veterans' Benefits Training for Pro Bono Lawyers
This advanced training class for existing Veterans’ Benefits Project volunteers covers:
· a review of the types and reasons for military discharges
· a brief overview of the Uniform Code of Military Justice
· information regarding the in-service mechanisms for review of discharges
· strategies for assisting veterans in obtaining re-characterization of previously issued discharges
· understanding VA benefits and eligibility
· the VA Schedule for Rating Disabilities
· how to read the 38 C.F.R.
· prevalent claims in the VA system, including PTSD and mental health claims
In exchange for free training, attorneys are required to provide pro bono representation to at least one veteran in his/her benefits case. Participating attorneys must be in good standing and licensed to practice law in any state. There is a Basic Veterans’ Benefits Training available via webcast through the Pro Bono Resource Center that potential attendees MUST view prior to the advanced course. Please visit www.probonomd.org/veterans-benefits-training and download a registration form.
Attorneys can receive this training by attending the next live class on:
Wednesday, October 26th, 2011
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Maryland Bar Center (first floor conference room)
520 West Fayette Street, Baltimore MD 21201
If you are interested in this class, please download and complete the Advanced Veterans’ Benefits Training Registration Form. You can find the downloadable form at www.probonomd.org/veterans-benefits-training.