Current Size: 100%
Family Law Related Legislative Update as of 2/6/2012
This is the list of family law and related legislation currently before the Maryland General Assembly as of 2/6/12.
There have been several additions since the last list, among them:
- HB 565/SB 525, deals with the possible loss of the homestead tax credit under some circumstances for those in default on child support;
- HB 397, deals with criminal nonsupport;
- HB 474, an anti-gay marriage constitutional amendment
- HB 438, cross-filed with the already filed SB 241 – the civil marriage protection act;
- SB 620, a further definition of income for child support purposes;
- HB 459, sets up a task force for the study of joint custody;
- HB 485/SB 481, deals with getting a hearing on temporary custody within 7 days under certain circumstances;
- SB 291, for unemployment benefits purposes, makes being the victim of DV a “good cause” for voluntarily quitting a job;
- SB 359, expands the definition of “person eligible for relief” in the DV statute;
- SB 561, authorizes a judge to order the respondent in a DV case to stay a certain distance away from school, home, or work.
As always, if you have comments about the legislation, or if there are bills I've missed, please leave comments here and I will incorporate them into the next update of the list.
|2012 2-6 Legislation Update.doc||104.5 KB|