Current Size: 100%
2nd Annual PRO BONO CONNECTION - A Day of Free Trainings, Pro Bono Fair and Reception for Maryland Attorneys and Law Students
Pro Bono Connection: A Day of Free Trainings, Pro Bono Fair and Reception for Maryland Attorneys and Law Students
Co-Sponsored by University of Baltimore School of Law, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, Maryland State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, and Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
When: Wednesday, October 23, 2012
Where: University of Baltimore School of Law
1401 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Trainings: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Open to law students and Maryland attorneys in exchange for a volunteer commitment.
Session A: Defending Debt Buyer Lawsuits in State Court
Faculty: Peter Holland, Esq.
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- Introduction to the debt buyer industry
- Common claims & defenses
- Standards of evidence & large v. small claims
- Sample pleadings & motions
Session B: Special Topics in LGBT Law
Faculty: Aaron Merki, Esq. – FreeState Legal Project
Jessie Weber, Esq. – Brown, Goldstein & Levy
Anne Blackfield, Esq. – FreeState Legal Project
- LGBT 101: Working with LGBT clients
- The state of LGBT discrimination protections in MD
- Special topics in transgender law
Pro Bono Fair & Reception: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Visit tables staffed by Maryland legal services providers!
- Learn about available pro bono opportunities!
- Accept pro bono cases on-site!
- Visit mentoring table with experienced attorneys!
- Lite fare, beer and wine!
For more information and to register, visit www.probonomd.org (look for the link under “Highlights & Upcoming Events”).
Questions? Contact Kiah Pierre of Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland at 443-837-9379 ext. 3046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.