Current Size: 100%
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
This Internet Web Site Use Agreement (the "Agreement") is between you and the Maryland Legal Aid Bureau, Inc., ("MD Legal Aid") with principal offices at 500 East Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. Your use of the MDJustice.org Web Site (the "Web Site") is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. You agree to read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this web site. Use of the Web Site signifies your unconditional agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, do not access or otherwise use this Web Site. MD Legal Aid reserves the right, at its sole discretion, from time to time, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time.
2. The Web Site, including the information, artwork, text, videos, graphics, images, pictures, audio and other materials (collectively known as the "Content") contained thereon, is protected by one or more copyrights pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. You will abide by any and all copyright notices, trademark notices, ownership information or restrictions contained in any Content on the Web Site. You may download and make copies of the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this Web Site, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content on the Web Site for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from MD Legal Aid.
3. MD Legal Aid, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site at any time, including the availability of any Web Site feature, forms, database or content. MD Legal Aid may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability.
4. MD Legal Aid may gather, process and use information and materials received from you (e.g., name, physical address, e-mail address) or collected through your use of the Web Site for any lawful reason or purpose. You agree that you shall not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Web Site any materials which:
i. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site;
ii. are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
iii. constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or governmental regulation;
iv. violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
v. contain a virus or other harmful or destructive elements;
vi. contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature;
vii. contain advertising of any kind; or constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
You acknowledge that communications involving the Web Site are not confidential and that communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications to MD Legal Aid and to MDJustice.org, no attorney-client relationship, actual or implied, or any confidential, fiduciary, or other relationship is created between you and MD Legal Aid.
5. The Web Site may contain links to the other World Wide Web Internet sites and resources operated and controlled by parties other than MD Legal Aid. Links to and from the Web Site to such third party sites do not imply or constitute an endorsement by MD Legal Aid of any third party material or contents and MD Legal Aid does not assume any responsibility or liability for said third party material or contents.
6. MD Legal Aid welcomes links to any part of the Web Site from other nonprofits, government agencies, and others who seek to further the purpose of MD Legal Aid. MD Legal Aid reserves the right at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel and revoke any permission it may give to link to the Web Site, with or without cause, without notice and without any liability. No link may present or display a product or activity in a way that states or implies MD Legal Aid’s endorsement;
i. display or use a link in manner that causes the Web Site or any portion of its content to display within a frame, be associated with any advertising or sponsorship or otherwise incorporate the Web Site contents into a third-party web site;
ii. alter, block or otherwise prevent the display of any content of the Web Site; or
iii. link to any web site that contains obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive or malicious content. Strictly for the purposes of linking to the Web Site, you are granted non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable license to use our name solely for the purposes of creating and describing the link.
7. MD Legal Aid does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Web Site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. The Web Site has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not legal advice and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. The law may vary from state to state and information on the Web Site may not be accurate in your state or jurisdiction. The MDJustice.org Aid Web Site, including all content, functions, materials and information made available on or accessed through the Web Site, is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissiable by law, MD Legal Aid makes no representation or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the content on the Web Site of the materials, or information accessed through the Web Site, for any links to third party web sites. MD Legal Aid shall not be liable for the use of the Web Site, or any third party web site accessed through the Web Site, including, without limitation, the content and any errors contained therein.
8. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You hereby agree and consent that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be an appropriate state or federal court located in the State of Maryland.
9. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between MD Legal Aid and you with respect to your use of and access to the Web Site. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give legal effect to the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that MD Legal Aid prevails in any legal action to enforce any of its rights against you, you will reimburse MD Legal Aid for all cost and reasonable attorneys’ fees in pursuing such action.